BLACK HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303185
Date first listed:
20-Oct-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
18-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
BLACK HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLACK HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303185 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 11:33:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
BLACK HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Hexhamshire Low Quarter
National Grid Reference:
NY 93496 58709

Details

HEXHAMSHIRE LOW QUARTER BLACK HALL NY 95 NW

8/212 Black Hall (formerly 20.10.52 listed as Blackhall)

GV II

House dated 1714 with initials J.F. on sundial; north-east wing mid-C19, remodelling of south and east elevations 1930. Rubble with cut quoins and dressings; slate roof. South front 2 storeys, 5 bays. 2-bay left part has 16-pane sashes with slightly projecting sills, re-set sundial between upper windows. Bay 4 has part-glazed door in stop-chamfered surround under moulded cornice; window above and flanking 2-storey bows of 1930. Coped gables with moulded kneelers; stepped and corniced end and 2 ridge stacks. Right return shows late C19 4-pane sashes and another 1930 bow to right. Rear elevation shows wing with 9-pane sash stair window with Gothick glazing under round-headed arch with moulded imposts and keystone; coped gable above has moulded kneelers with finials. Lower C20 extension to right has re-set doorway on left return, with wave-and hollow-chamfer mouldings.

Listing NGR: NY9349658709

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
240582
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04566/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bob Cottrell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].