CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1303234

Date first listed: 21-Oct-1953

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303234 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 04:14:11.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Harbottle

National Park: NORTHUMBERLAND

National Grid Reference: NT 95504 02646

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HARBOTTLE HOLYSTONE NT 90 SE 21/74 Church of St. Mary 21/10/53

GV II

Parish church. C12, largely rebuilt 1848-9 by G. Pickering. Squared stone and random rubble. Welsh slate roof. 4-bay nave and l-bay chancel.

The nave was the chancel of a much larger medieval church. One east respond of former south arcade remains attached to south-east corner outside. West end has doorway with shouldered lintel and: round-headed window over. Gabled bellcote above. Plain round-headed north and south windows. All the detail is of 1848-9. The south wall masonry and the lower part of the north wall are medieval.

Chancel, of 1848-9 has 2 medieval grave covers with foliated crosses built into south wall. East end has 3 stepped round-headed windows.

Gabled roof with wheel-head cross finials.

Listing NGR: NT9550402646

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 236161

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing