MEMORIAL TO ATKINSON CHILDREN C.25 YARDS SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303313
Date first listed:
05-Sep-1985
Statutory Address:
MEMORIAL TO ATKINSON CHILDREN C.25 YARDS SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW

Map

Ordnance survey map of MEMORIAL TO ATKINSON CHILDREN C.25 YARDS SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303313 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 03:16:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
MEMORIAL TO ATKINSON CHILDREN C.25 YARDS SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Kirkwhelpington
National Grid Reference:
NY 99641 84392

Details

NY 98 SE KIRKWHELPINGTON KIRKWHELPINGTON VILLAGE

7/83 Memorial to Atkinson children c.25 yards south of Church of St.Bartholomew GV II

Churchyard memorial. 1833. Ashlar. c.5 ft high with arched top. Inscribed to the memory of 3 beloved children who died in 1833 of a fatal fever, Elizabeth on July 31st aged 4 years, Jane August 9th aged one month and William August 17th aged 7 years. Our bay trees are blasted our charms are fled Our lights are extinguished our lovely are dead 0 jesu in mercy reverse this sad doom And grant them in heaven forever to bloom And shine as the stars and live in the light That grief never sighed in nor turns into night.

Listing NGR: NY9964184392

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
239618
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/06131/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Kenneth Robinson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].