MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1303331

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, KEMPSFORD VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303331 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 09:42:14.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, KEMPSFORD VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Kempsford

National Grid Reference: SU 16122 96422

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 19 NE KEMPSFORD KEMPSFORD VILLAGE (south side)

8/93 Manor Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. Built on site of Kempsford Manor, rear section probably late C16, extended and remodelled 1846 by Sir Gilbert East. Random coursed or coursed rubble stone, slate roofs, main section with 2 large stacks with diagonally set ashlar flues with moulded cornices (2 on south range and 4 on north range). Two parallel gabled ranges of 2 storeys and attic with older rear cross-wing of 2 storeys, projecting further along to south-east. Both back and front of older wing have moulded depressed stone archways with stops and adjacent 3-light ovolo moulded stone mullion and transom window. Main front of 1846 has 2 gables with coped verges and finials, each with 2-light stone mullion with square hoodmould. Three windows to first floor, 4/2/4-light stone mullion and transoms with square hoodmould. Ground floor has 4- lights flanking central projecting gabled porch with coped verge and finial. Interior not accessible. (V.C.H., Glos. Vol VII.)

Listing NGR: SU1612296422

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 128938

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1981)

End of official listing