HULLS MONUMENT, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 1 1/2 METRES NORTH OF THE TOWER, CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1303538

Date first listed: 17-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: HULLS MONUMENT, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 1 1/2 METRES NORTH OF THE TOWER, CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HULLS MONUMENT, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 1 1/2 METRES NORTH OF THE TOWER, CHURCH OF ST MARGARET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303538 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 12:39:40.

Location

Statutory Address: HULLS MONUMENT, IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 1 1/2 METRES NORTH OF THE TOWER, CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean (District Authority)

Parish: Corse

National Grid Reference: SO 78830 26509

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CORSE CHURCH LANE SO 72 NE (south side)

10/26 Hulls monument, in the churchyard, about 1.5m north of the tower, Church of St. Margaret

GV II

Pedestal tomb. Probably 1826. Stone. Urn with reeded bowl, swept base, step to moulded edge to top. Plain frieze: raised ovals to sides with corner paterae, moulded top to base, indented corners. All on large, square platform originally carrying iron railings. Painted inscriptions 1759-1772 on side, in Latin, 1772- 1792 second side, inscribed and painted lettering 1826, further inscriptions to 1973, all to Hulls family.

Listing NGR: SO7883026508

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 125843

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing