THE MULLIONS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303545
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Statutory Address:
THE MULLIONS, EAST END

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MULLIONS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303545 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 02:09:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MULLIONS, EAST END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Northleach with Eastington
National Grid Reference:
SP 11419 14504

Details

NORTHLEACH WITH EAST END SP 1114 EASTINGTON (south side), Northleach 8/79 The Mullions 23.1.52 GV II

House at end of row. Mid C17, renovation and some alterations 1985. Coursed squared and dressed limestone, stone slate roof, ashlar and C20 stone stacks. Two storeys and attic lit by 3-light hollow-chamfered stone-mullioned casement with stopped hood in left gable end. Three-bay, 2-windowed facade. One 5-light double chamfered, hollow-moulded stone-mullioned casement to ground floor. Blocked 2-light flat-chamfered stone-mullioned casement to cellar below. C20 four-light hollow-chamfered stone-mullioned casement above. C17 hollow-chamfered stone-mullioned casement right. All windows with stopped hoods. C20 plank door off-centre right with gabled weatherboarded canopy and stone slate roof supported by wooden brackets. Flat-chamfered Tudor-arched doorway at rear. C20 stone-mullioned casements and C20 glazed double doors with glazing bars. Saddleback gable-end coping with pointed finial. Lateral stacks. Gable-end stack with moulded capping. Interior; flat-chamfered Tudor-arched stone fireplace in front left-hand room with segmental 'tympanum', probably reused, spanning width of fireplace. Shallow segmental shaped panel at centre of 'tympanum'. Cellar and other rooms not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP1140514528

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130516
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/04100/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Edward Parrott. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].