MANOR COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1303564

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 25-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: MANOR COTTAGES, EAST END

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303564 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 11:37:42.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR COTTAGES, EAST END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Northleach with Eastington

National Grid Reference: SP 11590 14438

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTHLEACH WITH EAST END SP 1114 EASTINGTON (south side), Northleach 8/75 Manor Cottages (formerly listed as- cottage occupied by Mrs. I. K. 23.1.52 Banks and the Cottage adjoining occupied by H. Blackwell) GV II

Semi-detached house, former large town house now in 2 occupations. Mid C17 and C19. Coursed squared and dressed limestone, ashlar facade. Stone slate roof C20 stone stacks. Main body rectangular lobby entrance plan. C19 single storey extensions at rear. Moulded plinth to main body. Symmetrical, twin-gabled facade. Two storeys and attic. Two, 3 and 4-light stone-mullioned casements all with stopped hoods and leaded panes. Central C20 part-glazed front door within moulded surround with imposts and keystone decorated with carved face and foliate decoration; stopped hood. Axial and gable-end stack with moulded cappings. Flat coping at gable ends moulded at eaves. Roll-cross saddles. Single light and 3-light stone-mullioned casements with horizontal glazing bars at rear. Former residence of the Parkers, a family that figured prominently in the town in the C16 and C17. John Parker lies buried in the south chapel of the church (date 1692). Interior not accessible.

Listing NGR: SP1149514488

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 130512

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing