GARDEN WALLS AND EXPLOSIVES STORE TO SOUTH OF LIGHTHOUSE AND BUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303580
Date first listed:
15-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
GARDEN WALLS AND EXPLOSIVES STORE TO SOUTH OF LIGHTHOUSE AND BUILDING

Map

Ordnance survey map of GARDEN WALLS AND EXPLOSIVES STORE TO SOUTH OF LIGHTHOUSE AND BUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303580 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 22:06:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
GARDEN WALLS AND EXPLOSIVES STORE TO SOUTH OF LIGHTHOUSE AND BUILDING

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Hauxley
National Grid Reference:
NU 29307 04503

Details

HAUXLEY COQUET ISLAND NU 20 SE 8/134 Garden walls and explosives store to south of lighthouse and buildings GV II

Garden walls and explosives store. Garden walls c.1841 but incorporating older masonry on west; explosives store late C19 or early C20. Walls squared stone; explosives store probably concrete, rendered and whitewashed. West wall 2 metres high with roughly-stepped and embattled coping, incorporating masonry of pre-1841 garden wall (shown on old plans); other walls 1.5 metres high with flat coping.

Explosives store, attached to internal face of south wall near west end, has stepped barrel roof, small openings with heavy iron shutters, and inner and outer wooden doors at each end; interior in two compartments, shelved and boarded round.

Included for group value.

Listing NGR: NU2930704503

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236803
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/00947/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Anne Swearman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].