COACH HOUSE AND ATTACHED YARD WALLS TO EAST OF SEATON DELAVAL HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303613
Date first listed:
15-Jul-1987
Statutory Address:
COACH HOUSE AND ATTACHED YARD WALLS TO EAST OF SEATON DELAVAL HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of COACH HOUSE AND ATTACHED YARD WALLS TO EAST OF SEATON DELAVAL HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303613 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 08:59:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
COACH HOUSE AND ATTACHED YARD WALLS TO EAST OF SEATON DELAVAL HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Seaton Valley
National Grid Reference:
NZ 32265 76596

Details

SEATON DELAVAL SEATON DELAVAL HALL NZ 3276 13/87 Coach-house and attached yard walls to east of Seaton Delaval Hall GV II Coach house and yard walls,early C18 except for screen wall on south which is part of east wing of c.1770, burnt down in 1822. Squared tooled stone. Coach house 3 bays with plinth, impost band and arcade of elliptical arches, that to left blind, the others holding boarded double doors; flat roof. To rear five 18-pane sash windows in architraves serve to unify range with the north facade of stable wing of Hall (q.v.). Set back to right of coach house a similar arch forms yard entrance.

Lower wall on east of yard has gateway near centre: square piers with moulded string and block capitals. 6-bay screen wall on south has blocked windows in architraves.



Listing NGR: NZ3226576596

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236051
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 31 Northumberland,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/14977/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Hogg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].