This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES NORTH EAST OF TAYLOR MONUMENT TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES NORTH EAST OF TAYLOR MONUMENT TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

List entry Number: 1303633

Location

UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES NORTH EAST OF TAYLOR MONUMENT TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, CHURCHFIELD ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Upton St. Leonards

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 131848

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 81 SE UPTON ST LEONARDS CHURCHFIELD ROAD (west side)

6/186 Unidentified monument in the churchyard approximately 4m north- east of Taylor monument to north of Church of St. Leonard

GV II

Chest tomb. Dated 1729. Limestone. Lyre ended with cartouche to east, winged cherub's head on multilated west end. Ovolo moulded rectangular side inscription panels flanked by figures holding open books to south, holding inscription panel frame to north. Cavetto moulded top; base invisible (March 1985). Inscribed on south side to Esther wife of John ---, died 1729.

Listing NGR: SO8621914969

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SO 86219 14969

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303633 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 07:45:52.

End of official listing