FARMBUILDINGS AT EAST HOUSE FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303750
Date first listed:
22-Dec-1969
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Feb-1988
Statutory Address:
FARMBUILDINGS AT EAST HOUSE FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMBUILDINGS AT EAST HOUSE FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303750 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 03:21:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
FARMBUILDINGS AT EAST HOUSE FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ancroft
National Grid Reference:
NU 03157 46640

Details

ANCROFT CHESWICK NU 04 NW 7/26 Farmbuildings at 22/12/69 East House Farm (formerly listed as barn to east of East House)

GV II

Farmbuildings. 1808 for G. & R. Turnbull. Remodelled, south range altered and yard roofed over 1879 for William Crossman. Rubble with dressings. Welsh slate roofs. West range has pantiled roof. Square plan. West and north ranges 2 storeys, the rest single-storey. Central high round-arched carriage entrance with triangular dovecote screen in the gable above. Above that a shield with WC 1879.

Tall range to left has blacksmith-type window and boarded door on ground floor. On 1st floor a pitching door with lintel inscribed G & R T 1808. Right return has 5 stable-type doors and a 5-bay cartshed with segmental arches. Above this range 3 parallel hipped roofs installed when the yard was covered in 1879 to form covered cattle pens. The interior of the yard has good queen-post roofs and original wooden pens and feeding baskets.

Listing NGR: NU0315746640

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
237879
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 May 2005
Reference: IOE01/13490/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Don Brownlow. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].