FELTON PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1303774

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1952

Statutory Address: FELTON PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of FELTON PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303774 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 12:56:40.

Location

Statutory Address: FELTON PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Felton

National Grid Reference: NU 17917 00133

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FELTON FELTON PARK NU 10 SE 6/l03 Felton Park 5/6/52 GV II

House, 1732 and 1799 altered 1951. 1732 house probably by Canston for Edward Horsley Widdrington, remodelled 1799 for Ralph Riddell; main part demolished 1951. Squared stone with cut dressings; Lakeland slates on front block, Scottish and Welsh slates on wing. Plan: 1799 front block is former east wing, with 1732 L-plan wing at rear.

South front 2 storeys, 7 bays, symmetrical. Plinth, rusticated quoins. 4 steps up to central renewed door with 8-pane overlight; 12-pane sashes except for blind windows in left end bay. Moulded eaves cornice. Hipped roof with 2 rebuilt stepped-and-corniced stacks. 2-bay right return shows 12-pane sashes, renewed on ground floor.

West elevation 6 + 3 bays. Rusticated quoins, sill bands. Left part shows old boarded door in rusticated surround in bay 4, and 12-pane sash windows, some renewed, in moulded surrounds. Roof hipped to left, with stepped-and- corniced ridge stack. Attached 3-step mounting block near left end. Similar 3-bay left return with 2 ground-floor windows blind. Projecting right part shows similar doorway re-set from demolished part and various sashes, some renewed and in re-set surrounds; rainwater head inscribed RR 1799 on inner return.

Rear of wing shows central projection with boarded door and 4-pane overlight in rusticated surround, 12-pane sash above and hipped roof; projecting part to right shows blocked elliptical arch in raised alternating-block surround on inner return. At rear of front block is G III R rainwater head from Old Cavalry Buildings in Canterbury.

Interior: Front block has 3 segmental-arched fireplaces of former kitchen in rear wall; bedrooms above, formerly nurseries, have fielded-panel doors and coved ceilings with enriched cornices. Rear wing has entrance passage flanked by round-arched stone doorways with imposts and keystones.

Listing NGR: NU1816700130

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 236772

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing