CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303850
Date first listed:
17-Dec-1973
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, YARMOUTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303850 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 02:52:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, YARMOUTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Broadland (District Authority)
Parish:
Thorpe St. Andrew
National Grid Reference:
TG 26073 08444

Details

TG 2608 THORPE ST. ANDREW YARMOUTH ROAD (north side)

11/77 Church of St. Andrew 17/12/73 G.V. II

Parish church. 1866 and 1882 by Thomas Jekyll. Knapped flint, brick and ashlar with tiled roof. South-west porch tower of 1882, nave and apsidal chancel both of 1866. Early English style. 3 stage tower with angle buttresses to first stage : arched entrance within tall pointed arched recess flanked by columns with scalloped capitals. One 2-light window and cusped oculus in arch head. Upper storeys defined by set-offs. 2-light plate tracery belfry windows. Annulated columns at corner of belfry stage. Corbelled eaves cornice below low pyramid roof. Remainder of church with 2-light plate traceried fenestration, and engaged buttresses. Gabled south porch in nave. Interior retains funerary monuments of original building.

Listing NGR: TG2607308444

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
228525
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/04133/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Laurie A. Saunders. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].