CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303885
Date first listed:
26-Jan-1956
Statutory Address:
CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303885 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 03:29:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
West Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Winterborne St. Martin
National Grid Reference:
SY 64456 89050

Details

SY 68 NW WINTERBORNE ST MARTIN

4/116 Church Farmhouse

26.1.56 II

-

Farmhouse. Dated 1590 RWW on door head with C19 re-roofing and C20 refenestration. Dressed stone walls. Slate roof with gable ends. Rendered stacks at gable ends, and one briok stack on ridge, backing onto cross passage. Two storeys. 3 windows, stone moulded frames, with returned labels over the ground floor windows, inserted 3 light C20 metal casements. Front door, with straight chamfered jambs and depressed arch head. Door is panelled and glazed, C20. C20 porch. Rear has outshut west of the cross passage and a rear wing at right angles. Interior room below cross passage has an open fireplace with straight chamfered stone jambs and wood lintel over. Bread oven in left jamb, brick lined and with iron door. Stair position on baok wall semi circular stone spiral, with stone treads covered in wood.

Listing NGR: SY6445689050

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
106010
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08911/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek Beauchamp. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].