STABLE BLOCK TO NORTH WEST OF PRIORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1303911
Date first listed:
15-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK TO NORTH WEST OF PRIORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK TO NORTH WEST OF PRIORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303911 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 13:45:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK TO NORTH WEST OF PRIORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Brinkburn
National Grid Reference:
NZ 11575 98382

Details

BRINKBURN BRINKBURN PRIORY NZ 19 NW 10/74 Stable block to north-west of Priory GV II

Stable block, c.1810, altered c. 1830. Squared stone, rendered and pebbledashed, with tooled-and-margined dressings; Welsh slate roof. L-plan. South elevation 2 storeys, 5 bays. Central boarded door under pointed arch; end bays each have blocked elliptical-arched cart entrance with inserted square-headed door, that on right with separate overlight. Windows with varied glazing, all with pointed arches and slightly-projecting sills; first floor far right blocked. All openings in raised stone surrounds. Hipped roof with truncated ridge stack. Left return shows two 12-pane sashes under square heads and a similar window in added rear outshut.

Listing NGR: NZ1157598382

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236743
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08823/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gordon Dixon. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].