CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1303912

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1955

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1303912 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 16:36:16.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: East Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Ferndown Town

National Grid Reference: SZ 05518 98805

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HAMPRESTON SZ 09 NE CHURCH ROAD (East) 12/24 Church of All Saints 18.3.55 II* Parish church. Of Norman origin, C14 chancel and Tower, vestry 1823, restoration of 1896 with addition of north aisle, north porch and organ chamber. Walls of ironstone rubble with ashlar dressings. Tile roof. Nave of three bays with north aisle, chancel with organ chamber and vestry, west tower. The chancel has three bays with coupled traceried windows (one on each side masked by the later additions), and a 3-light east window with reticulate tracery. The windows of the aisle are of similar form and those of the nave of Perpendicular-style. The tower, of two stages, has a plinth, string course, thin diagonal stepped buttresses and embattled parapet, the access stairway being at the north east corner. The east end of the nave, south side, has a projecting rood stair. The interior has a series of old features; a C12/13 font, C18 communion rails, and C16 oak benches in the choir. There are several wall monuments of the C18 and early C19 and one of 1630, havinga bust set within aclassical framework of a Corinthian Order. The west wall of the nave has a hatchment and a Royal Coat of Arms of George II 1754; within the tower are two bequest boards, of 1857. RCHM

Listing NGR: SZ0551898805

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 107650

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset II South East, (1970)

End of official listing