AUSTEN MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD, 1 METRE NORTH WEST OF NORTH AISLE OF ALL SAINTS CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304044

Date first listed: 02-Sep-1986

Statutory Address: AUSTEN MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD, 1 METRE NORTH WEST OF NORTH AISLE OF ALL SAINTS CHURCH, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of AUSTEN MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD, 1 METRE NORTH WEST OF NORTH AISLE OF ALL SAINTS CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304044 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 20:55:45.

Location

Statutory Address: AUSTEN MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD, 1 METRE NORTH WEST OF NORTH AISLE OF ALL SAINTS CHURCH, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: North Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Tarrant Keyneston

National Grid Reference: ST 92515 04071

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for: TARRANT KEYNESTON VILLAGE STREET ST 90 SW (north side) 5/41 Austen monument in the churchyard, 1 m north west of north aisle of All Saints Church GV II

the description shall be amended to read

Table-tomb, 1865. Limestone with panelled sides and moulded top. Inscriptions to Elizabeth and the Rev Henry Austen. Formerly surrounded by iron railings. Austen was a curate at the church at the time of its rebuilding (1852/3) and gave £300 towards the cost; he later become incumbent. The monument commemorates also his father and son, both incumbents of the parish (before and after him respectively) (information from sheet in church).

------------------------------------

TARRANT KEYNESTON ST 90 SW VILLAGE STREET (North side) 5/41 Austen monument, in the churchyard, lm north west of north aisle of All Saints Church GV II

Table-tomb, 1865. Limestone with panelled sides and moulded top. Inscriptions to Elizabeth and the Rev. Henry Austen. Formerly surrounded by iron railings.



Listing NGR: ST9251504071

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 103762

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing