This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1304080



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Siddington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 129476

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


SIDDINGTON SIDDINGTON VILLAGE SU 09 NW 8/177 Roberts House 4.6.52 II Detached house, at one time several separate cottages. Possibly late C16/early C17 wing to east, with large range added mid/late C17 by John Roberts, the well known Quaker who died in 1683; much restored in late C20. Rubble stone, stone slate roof with part of rear internal angle in plain tiles, brick end stacks to main range. 'L'-plan with 2 gables on east side of older section and main front to north-east on later addition, 2 storeys and attic. Four windows, 2-light leaded stone mullion and transoms to first and ground floors, both with continuous dripmould. Four large gabled dormers with large moulded wooden pediments and twin leaded casements. Four small oval lights in rectangular frames to right hand return. Projecting rear 2-storey stair tower with 2-light stone mullion and transom to each floor. Older wing to east has large central gable on north side. Door originally to right of this wing, now moved to centre with timber lintel remaining to right. Four-light wood mullion above, and renewed 2-light casement in attic. Scattered metal casements to east side. C17 lead rainwater goods brought from elsewhere. Retains part of original staircase with carved flat balusters. Interior much altered although sympathetically restored. Very large chamfered beams with carved stops to ground and first floor of Roberts' extension.

Listing NGR: SU0352399908

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU0352399908


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304080 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 08:06:24.

End of official listing