THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304121
Date first listed:
01-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304121 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 06:10:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Lesbury
National Grid Reference:
NU 23718 11731

Details

NU 2311 LESBURY LESBURY VILLAGE (North side)

19/95 The Old Vicarage

GV II

Vicarage, c.1865, incorporating C18 fabric in rear range. Front and left return squared tooled stone, other walls snecked stone; tooled-and-margined dressings. Welsh slate roof, 2 storeys, 3 bays, symmetrical. Chamfered plinth, raised quoins. Slightly-recessed centre shows part-glazed 4-panel door with 3-pane overlight under moulded cornice. 12-pane sash windows with slightly-projecting sills. Stepped eaves cornice, carried over recessed centre on block corbels. Hipped roof; 2 stepped-and-corniced stacks with panelled shafts. 2-bay right return shows paired 8-pane sashes. 2-bay left return shows 12-pane sashes and lower 2-bay rear wing to left. Rear elevation: inner return of wing shows re-set doorhead from former vicarage inscribed 'Nath; Ellison M.A. Vicar 1765'.

Interior largely contemporary; Dog-leg stair with turned balusters; 4-panel doors, panelled shutters, cornices. Old range with set pot in rear wing.



Listing NGR: NU2371811731

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236986
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Nov 2006
Reference: IOE01/15651/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Spence. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].