MANOR COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304123
Date first listed:
25-Aug-1960
Statutory Address:
MANOR COTTAGES, 1 AND 2

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304123 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 01:29:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR COTTAGES, 1 AND 2

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Rissington
National Grid Reference:
SP 19045 19768

Details

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE SP 1819-1919 8/233 Nos 1 and 2 Manor Cottages 25.8.60 GV II Formerly one house, now two. Early-mid C17 extended C20. Coursed squared and dressed limestone with dressed stone quoins. Stone slate roof with ashlar stacks. Rectangular plan with C20 extension to the gable end of South Manor Cottage. South Manor Cottage: 2 storeys and attic with twin gables. Two-windowed facade lit by 2 and 3-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casements some with hollow-moulded chamfers, continuous hoodmould over the ground and first floor windows. Unusually small 3-light casement with hood to the right-hand gable. Larger 2-light casement with stopped hood to the left-hand gable. All casements with leaded panes. Central C20 plank door within a moulded 4-centred arched surround with carved spandrels, imposts and keystone. C20 extension to the right (partly flat roofed). West Manor Cottage: 2 storeys and attic. Two-windowed entrance front lit by 3 and 4-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casements with continuous dripmoulds. Single- storey extension at right angles to left with 3-light stone- mullioned casements. All casements with leaded panes. C19 plank door within a flat-chamfered Tudor-arched surround, imposts and keystone to right. Symmetrical roadside front with 4 Cotswold dormers lit by 2-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casements with stopped hoods. The ground and first floors are lit by 3-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casements with continuous hoods. All casements with leaded panes, some small. Saddleback coping with moulded kneelers at gable ends and to gables facing the street. Twin axial and gable-end stack. Single axial composite stack; all stacks with moulded cappings and skirtings. Interior not accessible. (V.C.H. Vol. VI, p 108-109)



Listing NGR: SP1904519768

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130964
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1965), 108-109

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].