OPEN FRONTED SHELTER, NORTH OF HUNTER'S MEAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304131
Date first listed:
28-May-1987
Statutory Address:
OPEN FRONTED SHELTER, NORTH OF HUNTER'S MEAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of OPEN FRONTED SHELTER, NORTH OF HUNTER'S MEAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304131 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 05:03:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
OPEN FRONTED SHELTER, NORTH OF HUNTER'S MEAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Rissington
National Grid Reference:
SP1907019891

Details

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE SP 1819-1919 8/229 Open-fronted shelter, north of Hunter's Mead GV II Partly open-fronted shelter shed and stone-built store. Late C18- early C19. Store; coursed squared and dressed limestone. Part of open-fronted part converted into dairy with concrete block walling. Stone slate roof, including a small area of corrugated plastic roofing. 'L'-shaped plan forming two sides of a 3-sided yard, the remainder of the buildings now belong to Porch Cottage (q.v.). Stone-built store projecting forwards to left. Shelter shed to the right with 2 timber uprights on stone padstones. Early vertical plank boarding with fillets to the right of the open-front part. The early vertical plank boarding at the front of these outbuildings is a rare survival.



Listing NGR: SP1907019891

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130960
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/13030/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].