RAILWAY VIADUCT CIRCA 300 YARDS NORTH NORTH EAST OF ST CUTHBERT'S FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304148
Date first listed:
10-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT CIRCA 300 YARDS NORTH NORTH EAST OF ST CUTHBERT'S FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of RAILWAY VIADUCT CIRCA 300 YARDS NORTH NORTH EAST OF ST CUTHBERT'S FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304148 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 14:14:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT CIRCA 300 YARDS NORTH NORTH EAST OF ST CUTHBERT'S FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Duddo
National Grid Reference:
NT 87313 43032

Details

CORNHILL-ON-TWEED ST. CUTHBERT'S NT 84 SE 4/45 Railway viaduct c.300 yards north- north-east of St. Cuthbert's Farm II

Disused railway viaduct. Probably 1849 for the York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway. Rock-faced stone and brick. 6 shallow segmental arches with brick soffits, on high battered rectangular piers. Rock-faced bands at heads of piers and forming low parapet. Simple iron railings; large end piers with shallow pyramidal caps.

The line opened in 1849 and the bridge appears to be original. It resembles in style Stephenson's Royal Union Bridge of 1847-50.

Listing NGR: NT8731343032

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
238012
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Jun 2006
Reference: IOE01/15469/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Don Brownlow. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].