GLEBE FARMHOUSE WITH WASH HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304152

Date first listed: 25-Aug-1960

Statutory Address: GLEBE FARMHOUSE WITH WASH HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLEBE FARMHOUSE WITH WASH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304152 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 09:40:47.

Location

Statutory Address: GLEBE FARMHOUSE WITH WASH HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Little Rissington

National Grid Reference: SP1916419777

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE SP 1819-1919 8/224 Glebe Farmhouse with wash house 25.8.60 GV II Farmhouse adjoining the Village Hall (q.v.). Late C17-early C18 with mid C18 cottage extension. Coursed squared and dressed limestone with dressed stone quoins, stone slate roof at the front of the main body, concrete tile at rear and to the cottage extension. Artificial stone stack to main body, ashlar stack to the cottage, red brick stack to wash house. Rectangular main body with later cottage extension to the right gable end, wash house extension at right angles at rear. Main body; two storey, three- windowed facade. One 2-light stone-mullioned casement ground floor right, two 2-light casements with wooden mullions imitating stone left within the blocking of a former double-width doorway with a large timber lintel. Small blocked single-light window with a dressed stone surround between the ground and first floors (possibly to stairs); similar but larger double-chamfered single light window with a stopped hood above at first floor level. Two- light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casement with stopped hood to the left of the latter. Stone-mullioned casements at rear. Single C19 three-light window upper left. Cottage extension; 1 1/2 storeys. Two-windowed facade: partly blocked 2-light cellar window with dressed stone surround lower right, 3-light stone- mullioned window to the first floor above, 3-light wooden casement with a timber lintel (continuous with that of the door) to the left. Two 2-light rendered eaves dormers. Late C19-early C20 plank door off-centre left up 4 stone steps. Gable-end stacks. The ashlar stack retains its moulded capping. Bell for Village Hall at the left gable end. Interior not inspected.



Listing NGR: SP1916519770

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 130955

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing