THE OLD COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304158
Date first listed:
04-Jun-1952
Statutory Address:
THE OLD COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304158 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 23:19:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Rodmarton
National Grid Reference:
ST 94283 97956

Details

RODMARTON RODMARTON VILLAGE ST 99 NW 6/147 The Old Cottage 4.6.52 II Large detached cottage, recorded as Church House 1544 and probably built soon before this date, converted to house in C17 with inserted stack. Rubble stone with flush quoins, stone slate roof, stone end stacks and ridge stack all with offset and moulded cornice. Single range of 2 storeys, with single storey extension to right with partly external stone stack with weathered offsets. Four windows, three 2-light stone mullions with arched heads in square frames and one twin casement to right. Three twin casements with timber lintels to ground floor, all fenestration leaded. Stone doorway to right of centre in bay 3, with chamfered and stopped depressed Tudor-arch and plank door with 2 large strap hinges. Interior has high ceiling to main room, probably originally a meeting room, stepping down inside from front door, with chamfered beams, and very large low timber bressumer fireplace with stone newel stair below inserted stack.

Listing NGR: ST9428397956

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129446
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/13871/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Charles F. Swindall. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].