WITHYHOOK FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304196

Date first listed: 11-Jul-1959

Statutory Address: WITHYHOOK FARM HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WITHYHOOK FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304196 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 22:17:14.

Location

Statutory Address: WITHYHOOK FARM HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Leigh

National Grid Reference: ST 60940 06602

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEIGH ST 60 NW -

5/29 Withyhook 11-7-51 Farm House

II

Detached house, incorporating former watermill at right end. Mid - C16, altered in C17 and C18. Rubble stone walls. Slate roof, one brick stack at left end and one right of centre - at end of original house section. 2 storeys. C20 stone porch with lean-to slate roof and C20 ledged door. Right of this 2 other door openings, one at right end of original house, with old ledged door and frame - C17, one into former mill, with C20 part- glazed door - original opening. Also on ground floor, one 4-light timber window with ovolo-moulded mullions and one casement with horizontal glazing bars. Some stone-mullioned windows in rear wing. Internally, left ground floor room has stone fireplace with 4-centred arch. Some chamfered ceiling beams. Right ground floor room of original house has large open fireplace with cambered timber lintel and timber jambs. Newel stair adjoins this. Some chamfered ceiling beams. No mill machinery survives. At right end, a single-storey extension, of stone with slate roof, now used as garage. (RCHM Monument 17. (Dorset, Vol.I). R Machin. "The Houses of Yetminster." University of Bristol. 1978.)

Listing NGR: ST6094006602

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 106047

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1952)
Machin, R , The Houses of Yetminster, (1978)

End of official listing