THREE MONUMENTS INCLUDING THE THOMAS TRUBIE MONUMENT CIRCA 8 METRES TO 10 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304202
Date first listed:
28-May-1987
Statutory Address:
THREE MONUMENTS INCLUDING THE THOMAS TRUBIE MONUMENT CIRCA 8 METRES TO 10 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THREE MONUMENTS INCLUDING THE THOMAS TRUBIE MONUMENT CIRCA 8 METRES TO 10 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304202.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 17:56:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
THREE MONUMENTS INCLUDING THE THOMAS TRUBIE MONUMENT CIRCA 8 METRES TO 10 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHANCEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Rissington
National Grid Reference:
SP 18956 19961

Details

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE SP 1819-1919 8/219 Three monuments including the Thomas Trubie monument c8m- 10m south of the chancel GV II Thomas Trubie chest tomb and two headstones, c3m to the south. Limestone. a) Chest tomb to Thomas Trubie, dated 1619 and John Truby died 1759. Squared-off plinth. Deeply incised inscription to the former at the east end. Inscription to the latter at the west end. Deep flat-chamfered capping. b) Pair of headstones of the same design but differing in size, c3m to the south. Left-hand headstone dated 1712. Right- hand headstone dated 1711. Both headstones have partially legible inscriptions with moulded margins. Single heads at the top of each flanked by scrolls with fruit and flowers below.



Listing NGR: SP1895619961

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130951
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08395/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Foster. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].