JOHN HARRIS MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD CIRCA 11 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST CORNER OF AISLE TO THE CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304318

Date first listed: 24-Aug-1990

Statutory Address: JOHN HARRIS MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD CIRCA 11 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST CORNER OF AISLE TO THE CHURCH OF ST MARY, NEW STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of JOHN HARRIS MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD CIRCA 11 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST CORNER OF AISLE TO THE CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304318 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 09:08:10.

Location

Statutory Address: JOHN HARRIS MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD CIRCA 11 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST CORNER OF AISLE TO THE CHURCH OF ST MARY, NEW STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Painswick

National Grid Reference: SO 86647 09620

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PAINSWICK NEW STREET SO 8609 (part) (south east side)

9/234 John Harris monument in the churchyard c.ll m south of south west corner of aisle to the Church of St Mary

GV II

Chest tomb. John Harris, 1738. Two types of limestone. Bold top to cyma edge, lyre ends, boldly scrolled, that to east with heart-shaped panel. Bolection moulded panels north and south, flanking vertical drops or panels. Large moul- ded cyma base; table and base in the hard shelly Minchinhampton stone. The 1879 survey gives John Harris, Clothier, but panels no longer legible.

Listing NGR: SO8664709620

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 133421

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 16 Gloucestershire,

End of official listing