BLACK SWAN HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304436
Date first listed:
09-Oct-1985
Date of most recent amendment:
10-Mar-1986
Statutory Address:
BLACK SWAN HOUSE, BURNHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLACK SWAN HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304436 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 12:31:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
BLACK SWAN HOUSE, BURNHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
South Creake
National Grid Reference:
TF 85598 36844

Details

In the entry for: 2/47 SOUTH CREAKE BURNHAM ROAD (west) Former Black Swann Public House

The address shall be mended to read: Rnvn (west) BURNHAM ROAD (west) Black Swan muse

------------------------------------

TF 83 NE SOUTH CREAKE BURNHAM ROAD (west)

2/47 Former Black Swann Public House

II

Former public house of 3 builds, C17 at north and south, c.1700 in centre, C19 details. Whitewashed flint rubble with brick dressing, brick centre, red pantiled roofs. 2 storeys. Ground floor has 3 2-light c.1900 plate glass arched headed windows with single central glazing and 3 upper light glazing bars. First floor has 4 2-light and 2 3-light casements. 2 blocked brick dressed fine windows at south. First floor plat band to centre build. Dentil eaves cornice. Steeply pitched roof with coped brick gables and 2 end stacks. Single storey whitewashed flint and pantiled wing attached at south.

Listing NGR: TF8559836844

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221631
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/04148/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian John Beales. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].