THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304452

Date first listed: 16-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304452 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 11:54:22.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Beverston

National Grid Reference: ST 86088 93902

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BEVERSTON BEVERSTON VILLAGE ST 8693 13/39 The Old Rectory II

Former rectory, now private detached house. 1729, built by Thomas Savage, on site of older house, enlarged in C19. Roughcast with alternating flush quoins, with coursed and dressed stone 2-storey bay of C19 to east, hipped stone slate roof, 2 large external lateral stacks on south side with stone flues and moulded cornice and large stone ridge stack on north cross wing. Originally H shape, with large C19 wing on north side, 2 storeys and attic. East front originally probably main front with central C20 door and datestone over with initials TS and date 1729. Originally 2/1/2- windows, 18-pane sashes with thick glazing bars. Bays to left replaced by C19 canted bay with three large 12-pane sashes to each floor. West front has mostly original 18-pane sashes but central bay has 2 replaced windows over C20 doorcase with segmental pediment in contemporary style. C19 wing to north has 18-pane and 12-pane sashes. Hipped dormers, 3 to east, one to west. Interior has much original timberwork, including doors, internal shutters and stick baluster stair, and large chamfered stone fireplace below ridge stack on ground floor with stone flag floor.

Listing NGR: ST8608893902

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 130354

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing