PARISH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304512
Date first listed:
22-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
PARISH HALL, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304512 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 02:32:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARISH HALL, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cheltenham (District Authority)
Parish:
Leckhampton
National Grid Reference:
SO 94696 19806

Details

LECKHAMPTON CHURCH ROAD SO 91 NW (south side)

4/122 Parish Hall

GV II

Parish hall dated 1897 on porch and cupola. Rock-faced limestone with dressed stone quoins; thin stone slate roof; ashlar stacks. 'T'-shaped plan with a projecting porch on the east side. Single storey. South-facing elevation: 2 tall gabled 3-light stone- mullioned windows each with a transom; gabled projecting porch far right with a Tudor-arched entrance with a hood with diamond stops, plank door within. Iron hanging for lantern, now lost, with decorative wrought ironwork and date 1897. Large 5-light stone- mullioned window with transom to the gable end facing the road; clock above. Octagonal axial cupola with weathervane with flag dated 1897. Axial and projecting stacks with moulded cappings. Flat coping to the gable ends. Ball finials at the apex of each gable and to the kneelers. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SO9469619806

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
135072
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00410/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Purnell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].