This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HOUSE AND ATTACHED COW SHED C20M NORTH OF HUNWORTH HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HOUSE AND ATTACHED COW SHED C20M NORTH OF HUNWORTH HALL

List entry Number: 1304541

Location

HOUSE AND ATTACHED COW SHED C20M NORTH OF HUNWORTH HALL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stody

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 224108

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STODY HUNWORTH TG 03 NE 2/95 House and attached cow shed c20m north of Hunworth Hall GV II

House, converted to lofted open shed, now house. Dated 1700. Flint and brick, pantiles. 2 storeys. South-east gable of flint with decorative brick work of hearts and lozenges; date and initials 1700 for Edmund (d.1726) B E R and Rebecca (d.1716) Britiffe, gable raised from one storey, apex in brick. South-west front to yard: cart shed on ground floor with wooden posts for 3 openings, now glazed; 3 large C20 casements with glazing bars to upper floor. Brick bay to left, flint and brick bay to right with large ground floor door under segmental arch. North-west gable of coursed flint, upper part rendered. Rear of brick with dentil cornice; many blocked windows and door openings. Attached cow shed to north-west: late C19. Front wall to yard in flint with brick dressings, wall to rear of brick in English garden wall bond. Pantile roof with raised ridge piece for ventilation. Interior: has original fittings, partitions, brick sett floor, central drain. Part of front wall forms yard wall to stock shed (qv 2/94).

Listing NGR: TG0656135569

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TG 06561 35569

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304541 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 07:33:17.

End of official listing