18 AND 19, THE STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304554
Date first listed:
20-Feb-1987
Statutory Address:
18 AND 19, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 18 AND 19, THE STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304554 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 21:47:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
18 AND 19, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Matlask
National Grid Reference:
TG 15023 34880

Details

MATLASKE THE STREET, TG 13 SE (North side) 8/75 Nos. 18 and 19 II Two attached cottages C17 and C18; 2 higher bays to right, 3 lower bays to left. Right hand side 2 bays: galletted knapped flint with brick dressings under black glazed pantiles; dogs tooth cornice and remains of former castellated brick cornice. 2 storeys and attic. Two cross casements to each floor with glazing bars; right end internal stack with 2 fat octagonal brick shafts on chamfered square plinths. Right hand gable windows all with square brick hood moulds; 2 blocked to ground floor; one blocked and one with brick mullion to first floor; one blocked, one with wood mullion to attic. Rear outshut in brick with pantiles. Stair turret in flint with large blocked side window under square brick hood mould. Left hand side bays: 2 storeys and attic; ground floor flint, upper floor rendered, black unglazed pantiles; 3 casements to each floor, 2 roof dormers, 2 doors to ground floor. Left hand gable of coursed flint and brick, upper part rebuilt. Single storey brick extension on flint plinth to rear dated 1868 ITM (John Thomas Mott) on plaque. Octagonal chimney shaft of 1868 at gable end of extension.

Listing NGR: TG1502334880

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
224094
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Sep 2005
Reference: IOE01/14008/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Giles. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].