PIERS GATES AND WEST WALL TO COURTY YARD AT BANINGHAM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304570

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: PIERS GATES AND WEST WALL TO COURTY YARD AT BANINGHAM HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of PIERS GATES AND WEST WALL TO COURTY YARD AT BANINGHAM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304570 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 17:39:10.

Location

Statutory Address: PIERS GATES AND WEST WALL TO COURTY YARD AT BANINGHAM HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Matlask

National Grid Reference: TG 14702 35407

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MATLASKE BARNINGHAM TG 13 NW 3/62 Piers, gates and west wall to court-yard at Barningham Hall GV II

Gateway piers, gates and wall. Early C19. Tall inner wall of red brick in Flemish bond with dog tooth cornice and moulded cap. Brick piers each surmounted by stone griffin holding shield with Paston Arms (5 fleur de lys, a chief indented). Heavily studded gate with many panels, said to come from Norwich gaol; iron fleur de lys spikes on top rail. Attached low walls to front dated 1849; stone balls at entrance to gateway sweep. Barningham Hall was built for Sir Edward Paston in 1612.

Listing NGR: TG1470235407

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 224081

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 29 Norfolk,

End of official listing