Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304572

Date first listed: 06-Mar-1959

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY


Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304572 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2019 at 13:35:24.


Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Fulmodeston

National Grid Reference: TF 99241 30025



2/32 Church of St. Mary. 6/3/59 II

Ruined church, abandoned on the building of Christ Church Fulmodeston in 1882, unroofed in C20. Flint with brick dressings, roofless. West tower, nave and chancel without structural division. Buttressed west tower with west door c.1300. Perpendicular 2-light window above with elaborate traceried rectangular sound hole opening in rectangular frame. Belfry stage with 'Y' tracery windows c.1300 and battlemented parapets. Perpendicular tower arch on responds to east and tower stair door. Nave with blank north wall with filled iii northdoor. South wall with 2 deeply splayed lancet windows, one Perpendicular window opening blocked. One 3-light window with tracery, one 2-light window with central mullion missing, both Perpendicular. 3- light east window.

Listing NGR: TF9924130025


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 223933

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing