THE CHANTRY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1304580
Date first listed:
21-Oct-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
09-Sep-1985
Statutory Address:
THE CHANTRY, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CHANTRY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304580 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 06:44:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE CHANTRY, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Berkeley
National Grid Reference:
ST 68477 99154

Details

ST 69 NE BERKELEY CHURCH LANE (east side)

10/58 The Chantry (formerly listed as The Vicarage, High Street) 21.10.52

II*

Detached house, former Vicarage. Early C18. Incised render, hipped slate roof with coved eaves cornice, 3 large rendered stacks. Square range, with C19 twin-range extension to rear at left, 2 storeys and attic. 5 windows, 12-pane sashes with moulded stone architraves. Ground floor has 4 similar, central doorcase with attached Doric columns on bases with entablature, 6-panel door of fielded panels with radial fanlight over. Central hipped dormer of 6 panes. The home and death-place of Edward Jenner 1749-1823, the discoverer of vaccination.

Listing NGR: ST6847799154

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
132202
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/06467/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Yardley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].