ST MARYS HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1304598
Date first listed:
09-Jul-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
20-Sep-1984
Statutory Address:
ST MARYS HALL, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST MARYS HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304598 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 00:10:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST MARYS HALL, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Wiggenhall St. Germans
National Grid Reference:
TF 58471 14475

Details

TF 51 SE WIGGENHALL ST MARY CHURCH ROAD THE VIRGIN 3/40 St Mary's Hall (formerly listed as 9.7.51 St Mary's Hall including gate-house)

G.V. II*

House. Gatehouse in south block mid C16, otherwise 1864. Brick, roof not visible. Gatehouse consists of 2 engaged octagonal embattled turrets of 3 storeys flanking centre portions, also embattled, against which is C19 porch in similar style. Each turret with 3 round arched rendered windows each floor in square surround below hollow string and rendered ogival moulded pediments. Top floor windows without pediments. 2 storeys centre bay with 5-light round-headed rendered window below similar pediment. String course at both floors. Remainder of house good stylistic copy in 2 storeys below high crenellated parapet. Octagonal corner turrets to projecting wings. South block fenestration copies gatehouse otherwise cross casements used. Interior entirely C19.

Listing NGR: TF5847114475

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221372
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/02121/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Graham Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].