This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF THE CORPUS CHRISTI

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF THE CORPUS CHRISTI

List entry Number: 1304600

Location

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF THE CORPUS CHRISTI, CHRISTCHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bournemouth

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1976

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 101725

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. CHRISTCHURCH ROAD 5l86 (South Side) Roman Catholic Church of the Corpus Christi SZ 1291 29/255

II

2. l895-6, J W Lunn of Great Malvern for Baroness Pauline von Hugel. Tall tower with octagonal belfry, l932-5 by W C Mangan, who also lengthened nave. Early English style, red brick with stone dressings, 6-bay nave with double-chamfered arches on octagonal columns, paired lancets to aisles with hoodmould and stringcourse, lancet clerestory. Polygonal south-west baptistry, 2 polygonal chapels off aisles. Chancel of 2 bays with polygonal apse, detached stone colonnettes of inner arches of lancets carried down to stringcourse just above altar. Apse also to south chapel, transeptal north chapel. Brass to Baroness von Hugel (died 1901) by Hardman.

Listing NGR: SZ1208991974

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SZ 12089 91974

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304600 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2018 at 08:35:36.

End of official listing