CARTER MONUMENT, ABOUT 4M SOUTH OF SOUTH-EAST NAVE WINDOW IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304781
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
CARTER MONUMENT, ABOUT 4M SOUTH OF SOUTH-EAST NAVE WINDOW IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CARTER MONUMENT, ABOUT 4M SOUTH OF SOUTH-EAST NAVE WINDOW IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304781 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 20:12:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
CARTER MONUMENT, ABOUT 4M SOUTH OF SOUTH-EAST NAVE WINDOW IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Arlingham
National Grid Reference:
SO 70662 10660

Details

ARLINGHAM CHURCH ROAD SO 71 SW (west side) 2/13 Carter Monument, about 4m south of south-east nave window in churchyard of Church of St. Mary GV II Chest tomb. John Carter 1778, erected 1786 to wife Sarah. Forest limestone. Flat top, moulded plinth and capping on base. Gadrooned quarter balusters with carved bases, urn to east, cartouche to west, large oval moulded panel with carved spandrels to north, large carved surround to south.

Listing NGR: SO7066210660

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
132271
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04661/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Bob Train. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].