1, 2 and 3, Riverside Road


Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:
1, 2 and 3, Riverside Road, Letheringsett, NR25 7YD


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304825.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2021 at 13:37:15.


Statutory Address:
1, 2 and 3, Riverside Road, Letheringsett, NR25 7YD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

North Norfolk (District Authority)
Letheringsett with Glandford
National Grid Reference:


This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 21/08/2019


(Formerly listed under THORNAGE ROAD)

GV II Group of estate cottages, dated 1870. Flint with brick dressings, black glazed pantiles. Four bays plus set back bay either end with door. Gable parapets, axial stacks between bays 2 and 3, 3 and 4, in brick with oversailing cap and a thin cross in flint flushwork to each face. Platband of gault brick with dogtooth decoration, cornice of dogtooth and moulded gault brick. Vertical brick columns between bays two and three, and four and five, hood moulds. Chamfered surrounds in red brick to doors and windows.

Casement windows with cast iron glazing bars having gothic heads of three lights to bays one and four of ground floor, of two-lights to bays two and three of ground floor and to first floor. Central doorway with gabled flint porch having slate roof, four-centred chamfered brick arch with hood mould, flushwork gable with stone dated 1870. Above porch in terracotta the Cozens-Hardy double crest (armed fist grasping an eagle and a lion rampant fretty, motto "Fear One") with square surround in chamfered brick, and hood mould. Central door with glazed lancet panel, door to left end bay boarded, door to right end bay panelled. Gable ends in pebble flint.

Listing NGR: TG0631638672


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Sep 2000
Reference: IOE01/01432/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John D. Cucksey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].