GLAVENSIDE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304859
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
GLAVENSIDE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLAVENSIDE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304859 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 07:54:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
GLAVENSIDE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Letheringsett with Glandford
National Grid Reference:
TG 06234 38772

Details

TG 03 NE LETHERINGSETT WITH THE STREET GLANDFORD

6/98 Glavenside

GV II

House, former miller's house, c1800, additions of 1902 by E. Boardman, rendered and colourwashed, low pitch hipped slate roof with wide eaves. Principal facade to south: 3 wide bays with additions and wings to rear. 2 storeys. Sashes with glazing bars, wide canted bay window with flat lead roof of 1902 to ground floor left; wide skylight to front. Wide central door- way, double leaved part glazed door flanked each side by a slender fluted column and pilaster under narrow reeded entablature, wide segmental fanlight with 2 glazing bars. Wooden loggia of 1902 to left of return, a 2 storeyed square addition behind, rendered with pantiled hipped roof, tripartite French window to ground floor facing west, tripartite casement with transoms and glazing bars to first floor above. Right return has sash to first floor, double leaved French window with margin lights to ground floor; lower 2 storeyed wing to right in pale brown brick, 3 bays, sashes with glazing bars, glazed door with side lights to first bay; C20 brick extension beyond. Continuous 2-storey outshut to rear between right wing and left addition; single storey extension to north west of no special interest. Interior: steep curved cantilevered stair with mahogany wreathed handrail.

Listing NGR: TG0623438772

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
224635
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].