DIGBY MEMORIAL CHURCH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304881
Date first listed:
04-Oct-1973
Statutory Address:
DIGBY MEMORIAL CHURCH HALL, DIGBY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DIGBY MEMORIAL CHURCH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304881 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 09:04:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
DIGBY MEMORIAL CHURCH HALL, DIGBY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
West Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Sherborne
National Grid Reference:
ST 63873 16367

Details

DIGBY ROAD 1. 1625 (North-East Side) Digby Memorial Church Hall ST 6316 1/331 II 2. 1910. 2 storeys. Slate gabled roof. Ashlar. Shaped gable to road with 3 window bay front. First floor centre window is a tall narrow canted bay of 3-lights with corbelling and high pitched roof with finial; transomes and mullions; each light with trefoil head. To either side, a 2-light 2-tier window, each upper light with 3-centred head with carved spandrels. On ground floor to centre, a statue in a niche; to either side, coupled windows of 2-lights in 2 tiers with dripmoulds over. Porch with gable at left hand end. Segmental headed doorway with the motto "Deo non fortuna" carved above it and in apex of the gable the inscription "Digby Memorial 1910 Church Hall".

Listing NGR: ST6387316367

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
103948
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08445/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Margaret U. Kingsland. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].