THREE PINNIGER MONUMENTS, ABOUT 4 TO 12 METRES NORTH EAST OF NORTH EAST CHANCEL CORNER IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304899
Date first listed:
17-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
THREE PINNIGER MONUMENTS, ABOUT 4 TO 12 METRES NORTH EAST OF NORTH EAST CHANCEL CORNER IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of THREE PINNIGER MONUMENTS, ABOUT 4 TO 12 METRES NORTH EAST OF NORTH EAST CHANCEL CORNER IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304899 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 14:49:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
THREE PINNIGER MONUMENTS, ABOUT 4 TO 12 METRES NORTH EAST OF NORTH EAST CHANCEL CORNER IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Down Ampney
National Grid Reference:
SU 09846 96552

Details

SU 09 NE DOWN AMPNEY DOWN AMPNEY VILLAGE

8/113 Three Pinniger Monuments, about 4-12m north-east of north-east chancel corner in churchyard of Church of All Saints

GV II

Three identical chest tombs. John Pinniger, died 1842; John Pinniger Cook, died 1840; Thomas Pinniger, died 1827. Limestone. Stepped tent top with moulded plinth and capping. Flat sides with low relief cartouche for inscription. Flattened lyre corners to plain ends. Form group with 2 Parker Monuments (q.v.)



Listing NGR: SU0984696552

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129856
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/05295/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George Gains. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].