STABLE COTTAGE, EASTINGTON HOUSE AND ADJOINING FORMER COACH HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1304934
Date first listed:
26-Nov-1958
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
STABLE COTTAGE, EASTINGTON HOUSE AND ADJOINING FORMER COACH HOUSE, LONDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE COTTAGE, EASTINGTON HOUSE AND ADJOINING FORMER COACH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304934 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 07:48:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE COTTAGE, EASTINGTON HOUSE AND ADJOINING FORMER COACH HOUSE, LONDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Ampney St. Peter
National Grid Reference:
SP0836401346

Details

SP 00 SE 5/89

AMPNEY ST. PETER LONDON ROAD (north side) Stable Cottage, Eastington House and adjoining former Coach House (formerly listed as "Cottage (formerly stable block to Eastington House)")

26.11.58

II Cottage incorporating attached coach house/stable in yard of Eastington House. Cottage dated 1648 with initials WCE on south side, coach house now partly incorporated in cottage, of late C19.

Cottage of rubble stone, stone slate roof, stone end stack to left with offset. Single range with small lean-to to left, single storey and attic. South side had originally only two small gables each with hollow-moulded two-light stone mullions with square hoodmould. Two-light to right on ground floor, three-light to left with pointed relieving arch and datestone between. Plain iron casements. Now incorporating third gable in C19 coach house/stable with two-light stone mullion with square hoodmould over three-light with segmental relieving arch, both windows at higher level than original cottage. Rest of south wall blind. On north side, cottage has one gable to right with two-light stone mullion and square hoodmould to each floor. C20 porch to left and flat-roofed dormer over.

Coach house has C20 windows to right and end stack, segmental-headed arch in centre with flush quoins and voussoirs, swept down roof to stable on left with two-light stone mullion with original C19 stalls, manger and brick floor still intact.

Listing NGR: SP0836401346

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129832
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].