ALL SAINTS CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1304976

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1984

Statutory Address: ALL SAINTS CHURCH, STOUR ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALL SAINTS CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1304976 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 09:51:41.

Location

Statutory Address: ALL SAINTS CHURCH, STOUR ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: North Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Stour Provost

National Grid Reference: ST 82269 21155

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 82 SW STOUR PROVOST STOUR ROW

3/165 All Saints Church

- II

Chapel of Ease, 1867 by J Hicks. Sneckcd rubble with ashlar dressings. Gable-ended, tiled roof with stone copings. Bellcote over slightly projecting west porch. Plan: nave, chancel; west porch; north vestry. North and south nave and chancel are trefoiled lancets. West window: pair of lancets with quatrefoil over. East window of 3-lights under 2 centred head with geometric tracery and a label with carved foliage stops. Vestry has shouldered door. West door has 2 orders of arch, both chamfered, the outer being segmental pointed and the inner 2-centred. Internal features: 2-centred chancel arch of 2 chamfered orders, the outer continuous with the jambs and the inner springing from respond half-shafts; chancel arch respond half-shafts have carved capitals and corbels with naturalistic foliage etc, probably by either Grassby or Boulton; arch-braced collar beam nave roof with curved braces above the collar, the principals springing from corbels below wall-plate level; arch-braced cusped collar chancel roof with principals springing from corbels; octagonal font with quatrefoils on octagonal pier; octagonal wooden pulpit on stone corbel; all fittings, seating etc. C19. Newman J and Pevsner N, The Buildings of England; Dorset, 1972, p 402. Brocklebank, J Victorian Stone Carvers in Dorset Churches 1856-188O, Dovecote Press, 1979, p 60/1.

Listing NGR: ST8226921155

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 102795

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Brocklebank, J , Victorian Stone Carvers in Dorset Churches 1856-1880, (1979), 60-61
Pevsner, N, Newman, J, The Buildings of England: Dorset, (1972), 402

End of official listing