HAZEL MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1305004

Date first listed: 24-Aug-1990

Statutory Address: HAZEL MILL, B4070

Map

Ordnance survey map of HAZEL MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305004 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 08:46:11.

Location

Statutory Address: HAZEL MILL, B4070

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Painswick

National Grid Reference: SO 86777 06209

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 80 NE PAINSWICK B4070 (east side) 1305/5/23 Hazel Mill

II

Detached dwelling. Late C17 considerably modified C18 and later. Cotswold rubble, formerly rendered, stone slate roof to 3 coped front gables, various rebuilt stacks, including two formerly external to rear gables, now enclosed in later work. An L-plan, with long arm parallel with and nearest to main road, this perhaps formerly service wing or barn; at back, within the L are two later gabled extensions. Two and a half storeys, 3-windowed; 9-pane over 12-pane sash, including an extra sash over door, over 3 canted flat-roofed bays with 8: 12:8-pane sash, and a C20 door between bays 2 and 3, under a 3-pane transom light. Two plastic coated casements inserted late C20 to two of south-facing gables. In far gable a 2-light chamfered mullion casement, and a 2-light hollow chamfer mullioned casement towards road; also at this end a C19 V-plan stone roofed small oriel. At back are two 2-light reserve chamfer mullioned casements under stopped drips. Interior has been very substantially modified; there are various beams with spade-stopped chamfers, and several beams suspended on iron brackets over the windows. The name derives from an early C 18 small mill building (a cloth mill in 1870) on the stream nearby, which is not of special interest. (Verey D., Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds, Penguin, 1970).



Listing NGR: SO8657609657

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 133200

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Verey, D , The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire 1 The Cotswolds, (1970)

End of official listing