LAVERTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1305042

Date first listed: 04-Jun-1952

Statutory Address: LAVERTON HOUSE, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LAVERTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305042 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 16:29:29.

Location

Statutory Address: LAVERTON HOUSE, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Fairford

National Grid Reference: SP 15229 01040

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD MARKET PLACE (east side)

13/190 Laverton House

4.6.52

GV II

Large house in row. Originally probably late C17, raised and extended in C18. Rubble stone base with random coursed rubble above and to right, 2 flush quoins remain to mark original end wall, alternating flush quoins to right hand corner. Stone slate roof, originally end stacks with right hand one now a ridge stack raised in brick, and smaller stone end stack to far right with offset and moulded cornice. Single front range with small lower rear wing, and additional C20 extensions not of special interest, 3 storeys. Five windows, paired small casements to second floor, 4- pane sashes to first floor, with line of original wall plate evident above four to left and window openings having probably been lowered. Ground floor has several blocked openings, throughway to left, 2 large canted bays probably of early C19 with plate glass sashes and large wide stone portico between with 2 columns, flat hood with plain frieze and moulded cornice, 6-panel door with top 4 glazed, lower 2 bolection moulded, and side lights. Stone flag floor to hall inside and fine baluster stair.



Listing NGR: SP1522901040

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 129747

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing