GROTTO CIRCA 60 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SEZINCOTE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305060
Date first listed:
11-Jan-1985
Statutory Address:
GROTTO CIRCA 60 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SEZINCOTE HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROTTO CIRCA 60 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SEZINCOTE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305060 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 07:19:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROTTO CIRCA 60 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SEZINCOTE HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Sezincote
National Grid Reference:
SP1723431031

Details

SP 13 SE 4/113

SEZINCOTE SEZINCOTE PARK

Grotto c60m south east of Sezincote House

GV II

Grotto. 1800 - 1805. By Thomas Daniell for Sir Charles Cockerell. Ashlar limestone. Square plan. Two rectangular engaged columns with semi-circular decoration in relief at top and bottom and imposts. Lintel above with square central 'keystone' with triangle in relief. Moulded capping above. Opening at front with stepped and curved upper corners and keystone. Rock garden within formerly with running water. The whole is set in the side of a bank with rockeries curving in towards grotto on either side.

Listing NGR: SP1723431031

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
128751
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 16 Gloucestershire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/08139/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].