CHERINGTON PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1305112

Date first listed: 06-Sep-1954

Statutory Address: CHERINGTON PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHERINGTON PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305112 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 07:01:13.

Location

Statutory Address: CHERINGTON PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Cherington

National Grid Reference: ST 90366 98547

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 99 NW CHERINGTON CHERINGTON VILLAGE

4/58 Cherington Park 6.9.54



II

Large country house. Built 1740 for John Neale, enlarged in C19, but partially demolished 1955 when interior largely remodelled. Rubble stone with Cotswold stone slate roof, and parapet with cornice to east wing. 2 staggered parallel ranges with linking unit. South east wing has large projecting stack and gable stack on south end. Very overgrown with ivy at time of survey (August 1984). 2 storeys and attic. East front has 7 windows, 12-pane sashes with stone architraves and keystones. 2 small gabled dormers. Central doorway with C20 door - 3 similar windows on each side. Gothic wing to north of 2 storeys with scattered fenestration all with leaded lights and mostly 2-light stone- mullions. To left, 3-light oriel on 2 large rounded brackets over carved Norman tympanum, probably taken from church in early C19. Linking unit has large double height 8-light bay facing south with king mullions and large partially projecting stepped stone stack on north side. (VCH, Gloucestershire, Vol. XI, 1976.)

Listing NGR: ST9035698552

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 128334

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1976)

End of official listing