FAIRFORD COMMUNITY CENTRE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1305137

Date first listed: 04-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Jun-1986

Statutory Address: FAIRFORD COMMUNITY CENTRE, HIGH STREET, FAIRFORD, GL7 4AF

Map

Ordnance survey map of FAIRFORD COMMUNITY CENTRE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305137 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 21:05:45.

Location

Statutory Address: FAIRFORD COMMUNITY CENTRE, HIGH STREET, FAIRFORD, GL7 4AF

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Fairford

National Grid Reference: SP1519301131

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 1401-1501 13/161

FAIRFORD HIGH STREET (west side) Fairford Community Centre

(Formerly listed as The Fairford Centre, previously listed as School House)

4.6.52

GV II Formerly Fairford Free School, now community centre and library. Built 1738 with endowment from Farmor family, enlarged to rear in C19. Coursed and dressed stone with alternating chamfered quoins on moulded plinth, hipped slate roof with moulded stone eaves cornice, low stone stacks. Square range of 3 storeys with C19 extension to rear not of special interest. Five windows, 2-light stone mullion casements to second floor with plain beaded architraves and bull-nosed sills. First and ground floors have four 2-light stone mullion and transoms in similar surrounds. Plat bands between floors. Central window on first floor is 12-pane sash with moulded stone pilasters and cornice on consoles. Pilaster strips below bull-nosed sill with flush stone apron and inscription in capitals: "FAIRFORD FREE SCHOOL/THE GIFT OF/THE HONOURABLE MRS ELIZ FARMOR/AND MRS MARY BARKER/BUILT ANNO DOMINI MDCCXXXVIII". Doorcase below with pilasters and moulded cornice on consoles with shouldered surround to 4-panel door with bolection moulded panels and 6-pane fanlight, up 3 steps. Similar 3-windowed elevation to churchyard, with central inserted door on ground floor and wall tablet to former Master of School.

Listing NGR: SP1519301131

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 129717

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing