UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT, ABOUT 11 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST BUTTRESS OF SOUTH PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305146
Date first listed:
17-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT, ABOUT 11 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST BUTTRESS OF SOUTH PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT, ABOUT 11 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST BUTTRESS OF SOUTH PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305146 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 05:32:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT, ABOUT 11 1/2 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH WEST BUTTRESS OF SOUTH PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Fairford
National Grid Reference:
SP 15148 01141

Details

SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD HIGH STREET (west side)

13/146 Unidentified monument, about 11.5m south of south west buttress of south porch in churchyard of Church of St. Mary

GV II

Chest tomb., Unidentified, probably late C17. Coffin top with stone handles to each end. Moulded plinth and capping, both breaking up. West end has blank cartouche, east end has open book, head, and hands holding book. Sides divided into 2: north side has draped figure to west edge and carved panel apparently with head above to east edge. South side has double swag with cherub heads at corners. Inscriptions completely obliterated.



Listing NGR: SP1514801141

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129702
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/08400/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].